Quick Exit

How do I apply for a divorce?

You can apply for a divorce either online or in paper form. You will need to provide the completed application form, the filing fee and the marriage certificate.

Contact us if you require assistance in relation to completing the divorce application and attending the court hearing if required.

You can apply on your own (sole application) or with the other spouse (joint application). If you make a sole application, you will have to serve the application on the other spouse within 28 days prior to the divorce hearing. The Family Court has strict rules surrounding service of divorce applications, delays may occur if service is not conducted in line with Family Court rules.

For more information and legal advice, get in touch with our divorce lawyers.