P&D Covid-19 Response
May 11, 2020
Covid-19 – A message from the team at Paterson & Dowding Family Lawyers and Mediators
Our offices in Perth and Joondalup are open for business, and have remained so to meet client demand.
Strict Covid-19 safe protocols have been implemented and include physical distancing for staff and customers, health and illness monitoring, as well as hygiene and cleaning standards.
We have changed the way we normally work, to ensure our clients and staff are safe.
– Please avoid personally attending our offices if you are unwell.
– Client appointments can occur via telephone or video conference using software such as Microsoft Teams or Zoom.
– While we have already been filing documents at the Family Court electronically, the Court has advised us to file all documents in this way where possible.
– The Oaths, Affidavits & Statutory Declarations Act 2005 (WA) requires an affidavit to be witnessed in person. The Family Court has therefore advised us it will assist in the following way. You may sign your affidavit in the absence of an appropriately qualified witness. We will ask the Court to accept your affidavit even though it has not been witnessed. You must then be available at the hearing by telephone so the Court can administer the oath or affirmation and confirm the content of your affidavit that bears your signature.
– In relation to all other documents that require your signature, we will scan and email them to you if you are unable to attend the office. You may print, sign and return them to us by ordinary post. Alternatively, please add your electronic or digital signature and return the signed documents to us by email.
– The Family Court has encouraged all lawyers to attend hearings by telephone where possible. Please refer the Public Notice issued by the Family Court dated 18 March 2020.
We continue to monitor the Covid-19 situation on a daily basis and will let you know of any adjustments to our operations that we may need to make in response to further guidelines/restrictions that the Federal and/or State Governments may impose.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us on 9226 3300.
Our very best wishes to you and your family as we all work through the challenges at this time.
Lucy and Craig, and the Paterson & Dowding team
Please find below links to useful resources to help separated parents navigate this difficult time: