+61 9 9226 3300
Aleta is broadly experienced across complex children/parenting and property family law based matters, with senior legal management experience at a National practice and local level. She is particularly notable for her experience mentoring and developing junior lawyers.
Having studied a Bachelor of Laws at the University of Melbourne and later qualifying for admission in 1994, Aleta originally practised at both a small and medium Melbourne practice which specialised in a range of areas in the Law. She developed a broad range of family law experience before moving to a large Nationally renowned law firm, practising solely within family law. After joining Slater & Gordon in 1998, Aleta was to become Partner and subsequently National Practice Group Leader, running the entire Family Law division across Australia.
Aleta then moved to Perth in 2008 to operate as State Family Law Manager, before relinquishing the role to join a local practice in a similar capacity.
During this time, Aleta accumulated several years of experience acting across a range of issues affecting married and de facto people and families including:
- Children’s matters and custody
- Child Support
- Child Abduction
- Child Relocation & International Relocation
- Grandparents and third party access to children
- Property Settlement
- Spousal Maintenance
- Pre-Nuptial Agreements (Binding Financial Agreements)
- Consent Orders
- Family Violence
- Negotiations and mediations
Aleta is now a preeminent Perth based Family Law practitioner, specialising in both simple and complex property and parenting matters, prioritising successful negotiations and mediations out of Court. If trial is necessary, she has a wealth of experience in helping clients achieve outcomes for their individual circumstances. Aleta is focused on providing excellent client service whilst also building strong legal teams and industry relationships.
In her personal time, she enjoys being with her family, horse riding and running.View All Team Members
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Melbourne, 1992
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of Victoria, 1994
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of Western Australia, 2011
Admitted to Practice
- 31 October 2008
- Law Society of Western Australia
- Family Law Practitioners Association of Western Australia
- Business Women of Australia
- All areas of Family Law