+61 8 9226 3300
Nicolas was admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of Western Australia in March 2008 and has practised exclusively in the area of Family Law since that time. He has recently re-joined Paterson & Dowding having previously worked at the firm from 2010 – 2012.
As a family lawyer in Perth, Nicolas has experience in negotiated settlements as well as trial litigation in a wide range of Family Law related matters. Those matters include financial settlements, parenting matters including international child-related issues, child support and restraining orders. He also has experience in cases involving third parties in the Family Court, deceased estates, estates the subject of plenary administration and cases in which the jurisdiction of the Family Court is in question. He is well equipped to advise on likely outcomes should a matter proceed through the litigation process including analysis of expert evidence.
Whilst Nicolas’ practice is primarily focused on financial matters, he is also experienced in assisting clients resolve their child-related issues with a particular interest in cases involving the relocation of a child’s residence interstate or overseas.
Nic has recently become a proud father and enjoys his time with his wife and daughter.View All Team Members
- Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Arts, Murdoch University, 2004
- Admitted in the High Court of Australia, 2011
Admitted to Practice
- 1 January 1970
- Law Society of Western Australia
- Family Law Practitioners' Association of Western Australia
- Family Law Practitioners' Association of Western Australia Law Reform Sub-Committee Member
- Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia
- All aspects of Family Law