+61 8 9226 3300
Marnie is part of Paterson & Dowding’s Leadership Team and her practice is focused on working in all areas of family law, including complex financial and property disputes, parenting issues, child support, divorce, child abduction and relocation.
She has worked in family law and native title law for nearly 20 years. Marnie has extensive experience in litigation, appearing before the Family Court of Western Australia, the Federal Court of Australia and the National Native Title Tribunal.
Marnie works with family divorce law clients on both children’s and property matters and has knowledge of taxation and corporate law matters in the family law context. Additionally, Marnie has appeared in the Children’s Court on care and protection matters and in the Magistrates Court in relation to violence restraining order applications.
Marnie previously managed her own law firm for 5 years, undertaking native title and related commercial work with clients that included the State of Western Australia and a number of native title representative bodies. She has worked with communities in the Pilbara, Kimberley and Goldfields regions and across north-west Queensland, assisting Indigenous groups with native title post-determination work that includes the establishment of prescribed bodies corporate, small business assistance and native title trust advice.
Contact Marnie on 9226 3300 for an initial chat about your unique circumstances.View All Team Members
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons), University of Western Australia, 1990
- Diploma of Education, University of Western Australia, 1991
- Graduate Diploma of Applied Linguistics, Northern Territory University, 1995
- Bachelor of Laws, Murdoch University, 1996
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of Western Australia in 2000, and the Supreme Court of Queensland in 2004
- Admitted to the High Court of Australia in 2001
Admitted to Practice
- 2 June 2000
- Law Society of Western Australia
- Family Law Practitioners Association of Western Australia
- Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia
- All areas of family law particularly complex parenting and financial settlements as well as interlocutory matters, and advocacy
- Native Title